Dinner with Charlie Bradshaw: Turning a gap year idea into a £50m business
We are excited to be hosting a special dinner with Helm member and CEO of Matrix, Charlie Bradshaw, who’s impressive career started young when he launched Matrix at just 19 years old! If that wasn’t enough, his first ever client just so happened to be Boots!
Now over 25 years later, Charlie has helped Matrix achieve B Corp certification, built an unshakable close-knit culture (they have been named as one of the UK's Top 100 Best Companies to work for), and made huge strides towards greater social and ethical worker welfare in China. All the while Charlie has maintained 100% ownership of the business, picking up more blockbuster clients like Primark, British Airways and Walmart along the way.
Over dinner you will get to hear from Charlie on the following:
• How important his upbringing has been on his founders’ journey
• How Matrix became the culture-first, full-fledged force for good that it is today
• How after nearly two decades of being the CEO he has evolved his leadership role
• As a certified B Corp business, how he has instilled this mindset into the heart of Matrix and how his personal values have been a key driving force
• His first hand experience of the living conditions in China which compelled him to make huge strides towards greater social and ethical welfare for factory workers
• What’s next for Charlie and Matrix
Meet the Speaker:
Charlie Bradshaw is a serial entrepreneur who founded his first business, brand and product creator Matrix at the age of 19, and remains CEO today. Over the last 25 years, he has worked with global brands and retailers, leading the way in implementing sustainable and socially responsible practices in the creation and sourcing of consumer products.
Matrix, which was recently named as one of the ‘Best Places to Work 2023’ by The Sunday Times, fosters a culture that empowers independent and entrepreneurial minds. In 2016, Matrix received the Queen's Award for its commitment to sustainable development and earned recognition in the industry for its transformative work in social and ethical worker welfare across their supply chain. Additionally, in 2020, Matrix was also certified as a B Corp, highlighting the company’s ongoing commitment to their responsible business strategy.
Charlie has also invested in over 30 early-stage companies, is a member of YPO (Young Presidents' Organisation), Helm and an alumnus of Stanford, Singularity, and Cranfield Universities.