We are hosting an exciting dinner with Alastair Stewart, former MD at etc.venues and fellow Helm member, who will be talking about his experience taking his company stateside with the opening of three venue locations in New York. Hosted by CEO of Helm, Andreas Adamides, this event will also be an opportunity to hear first-hand experiences, gain insights and advice, as well as network with fellow Helm members.
Alastair will touch on the following:
- How he secured US investment to expand his company into the US (New York), establishing 3 locations there and transforming the company into a UK/US brand
- Provide insights into the fundraising process and share his experience on how to approach investors and secure funding for a US launch
- How he navigated the complexities of expanding his business in a new market
- Discussion on the personal aspects of visas and working and living in the US
- Deeper understanding into setting up an office including finding a location, hiring staff, and navigating legal and regulatory requirements
- Insights into the valuation impact of expanding into the US can have and then exiting to a US trade buyer
There will be plenty of opportunities to ask Alastair and your fellow Helm members any questions throughout the dinner.
Meet the speaker:
After leading a 2006 management buy-in, a 2012 secondary MBO and a US led investment round in 2018 etc.venues was acquired by Convene in January 2023 and Alastair exited.
Included twice in London's Stock Exchange "1000 Companies to Inspire Britain” Alastair's work to expand etc.venues to New York was awarded “Transformational Leader” in the London and South East EY Entrepreneur of the Year Awards in July 2019.
Alastair continues to serve the combined companies as a Board Observer and shareholder, is an Angel investor and advisor in the Hospitality and venue sector.